Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Informal Introduction

My drawing skill is pretty good but I always hope that you don't judge someones talents or merits as an artist always based on their drawing skill. There's an element of good writing and creative direction as well. Although good drawing skill is what gets you hired at the end of the day.

I have been drawing for years but not until recently have I began to define my style which very loose, edgy and very much inspired by people such as Don Martin, Fleischer, Richard Williams, and the gang at Termite Terrace basically traditional slapstick artists if you will. I believe that for a good drawing comes a good gag to go along with it. The drawing should explain itself and you don't have to elaborate on it.
/>

In a nutshell I spent my chilhood on Looney Tunes, Popeye, and reading MAD Magazine. As I got older I began doing excessive research to find out the time line/history of animation and several animation studios unearthing articles, books, and documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment